Where can we install the distributed solar power generation system？
Distributed solar power generation specifically refers to a distributed solar power generation system that uses photovoltaic components to directly convert solar energy into electricity. It is a new type of power generation and energy utilization method with broad development prospects. It advocates the working principles of nearby power generation, nearby grid connection, nearby conversion, and nearby use. It can not only greatly increase the power generation of photovoltaic power plants of the same scale, but also effectively solve the problem of power loss during the process of boosting and long-distance transportation. In the past months, China has released many policies to promote photovoltaic industry development and encourage distributed solar power system installation in the countrysides.
The most widely used distributed solar power generation system is a solar power generation project built on the roof of urban buildings. Such projects must be connected to the public power grid, and together with the public power grid, supply power to nearby users. Therefore, which places are suitable for installing distributed solar power generation systems?
1. Industrial plants: The roof area of the industrial plant is large, and the roof is open and flat, especially in plants with relatively large electricity consumption and relatively expensive online purchases, which are suitable for installing photovoltaic arrays. Moreover, due to the large electricity load, distributed photovoltaics generate electricity that users need, thereby saving users’ electricity bills.
2. Commercial buildings: There are always cement roofs in most commercial buildings, which are more conducive to installing photovoltaic arrays. However, users often have requirements for the aesthetics of buildings. According to the characteristics of commercial buildings, office buildings, hotels, conference centers and resorts, the user load is generally higher during the day and lower at night, which perfectly matches the characteristics of photovoltaic power generation.
3. Agricultural facilities: There are a large number of available roofs in rural areas, including self-owned residential roofs, vegetable greenhouses, fish ponds, etc. The rural areas are often at the end of the public power grid and therefore the electricity quality is poor. Hence, the installation of distributed photovoltaic power generation systems in rural areas can improve the electricity quality and guarantee villagers can use the electricity freely.
4. Municipal and other public buildings: Due to strict management and complete system, the commercial behavior are relatively reasonable, and many users are willing to install the distributed power generation system. Besides, municipal and other public buildings are also suitable for centralized and contiguous construction of distributed photovoltaics.
5. Remote agricultural and pastoral areas and islands: Due to the long distance from the power grid, there are still millions of people not able to use electricity in remote agricultural and pastoral areas in Tibet, Qinghai, Xinjiang, the Nei Monggol Autonomous Region, Gansu, Sichuan and other provinces, as well as coastal islands in China. Off-grid photovoltaic power generation system or the micro grid power generation system is very suitable to be install in these areas.
In the near future, there will definitely be more and more distributed solar power generation system in the world for its various advantages and long lifespan.